History

Print

The Institute of Virology, Vaccines and Sera “Torlak” is a healthcare institution with more than 80 years of tradition.

 

  • 1927 BCG vaccine production starts
  • 1930 Diphtheria vaccine by Ramon and sera against diphtheria and tetanus are produced
  • 1934 Tetanus vaccine by Ramon production starts
  • 1958 Vaccine against whooping cough from domestic isolates is produced
  • 1959 Production of dehydrated bacteriological media starts
  • 1960 Sabin donates his original poliovirus strains for OPV production to the Institute “Torlak”, and production of live oral polio vaccine (OPV) starts
  • 1962 Production of inactivated influenza vaccine is launched
  • 1965 Production of allergens starts
  • 1968 Production of lactic acid bacteria preparations starts
  • 1995 Production of all obligatory vaccines as stipulated by the Government is established. Viper venom antiserum production is launched